Principles for Responsible Investment
In November 2016, DDCAP became the first and only intermediary in the Islamic financial services industry to become a signatory to the United Nations endorsed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). This requires us to conduct business according to the following principles :
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
We have an established policy of providing employment opportunity to new entrants to the industry, as well as providing remunerated internships to students. New entrants to the Islamic financial sector continue to face challenges when trying to convert their academic and professional qualifications to meaningful employment. DDCAP considers it fundamental to the future growth and benefit of the industry to identify, nurture, support and employ high calibre candidates. We offer financial support to enable our executives to participate in Islamic and ethical training programmes, including relevant courses and professional qualifications. We also sponsor third-party individuals who are not able to access these programmes directly. As an employer, we subscribe to policies which support inclusion and diversity in the workplace. We embrace and value the individual and group differences within our workforce, which we believe will retain talent and increase innovative and creative contributions.