Mental Health Awareness week is the 18th – 24th of May and as you know DDCAP has previously participated by selling green metal ribbons and placing posters around the office. However, due to the current climate this is not as easily achievable this year so we have come up with some new and more exciting initiatives.
This year the Mental Health Foundation are focussing on Kindness. Amid the fear, there is a community, support and hope and it is important that we remember this, here are some acts of kindness to inspire you:
- Call a friend that you have not spoken to for a while
- Send someone you know a joke to cheer them up
- Contact someone you have not seen in a while and arrange a virtual catch up
- Help with a household chore at home
- Make a cup of tea for someone you live with
- Donate to a charity
- Offer support to vulnerable neighbours
- Arrange to have a video lunch with a colleague
- Give praise to your colleague for something they’ve done well
The Mental Health Foundation have also introduced the 30 Minute Movement Challenge, encouraging everyone to take 30 minutes out of their day to move. This does not mean just exercising for 30 minutes…it could be reading, cycling, baking, cooking, home schooling, running, dancing, playing a gaming device. Anything! So, to mark Mental Health Awareness Week, we invite everyone at DDCAP to come together and join in this challenge.
Also, we would love to see what you’re up to, so we welcome you to send us a picture/video/quote/word which captures how you are keeping moving. We then will create a montage to show what DDCAP are doing to stay active and support the Mental Health Foundation.
Please send any pictures/videos/quotes to Grace (email@example.com) by Tuesday 26th May and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.